Worker Safety and Health in Wildfire Regions
Wildfire smoke and cleanup presents hazards that employers and workers in affected regions must understand. Smoke from wildfires contains chemicals, gases and fine particles that can harm health. Hazards continue even after fires have been extinguished and cleanup work begins. Proper protective equipment and training is required for worker safety in wildfire regions.
Cal/OSHA encourages employers and workers to review the following pages with information and resources on protecting workers exposed to smoke from wildfires and worker safety during cleanup:
- Protecting Workers Exposed to Smoke from Wildfires
- Worker Safety and Health During Fire Cleanup
- Cal/OSHA Guidance for Construction Employers
- Cal/OSHA Issues Advisory for Worker Safety in Wildfire Regions
- Cal/OSHA Issues Advisory on Respiratory Protection for Harmful Exposure to Wildfire Smoke