Public Works in general means:
- Construction, alteration, demolition, installation, or repair work done under contract and paid in whole or in part out of public funds.
- It can include preconstruction and post-construction activities related to a public works project.
- For a full definition of Public Works refer to Labor Code section 1720.
Anyone working on a Public Works project must be paid prevailing wages as determined by DIR. Projects of $30,000 or more must meet DIR's apprenticeship requirements. Failure to comply with Public Works requirements can result in civil penalties, criminal prosecution, or both.
- Apprenticeship Requirements
- Certified Payroll Reporting
- File a Public Works Complaint
- Labor Compliance Programs
- Prevailing Wage Requirements
- More Resources