Report a Problem
- Frequently asked questions
- Legislative reports
- Labor Commissioner's Databases
Bureau of Field Enforcement (BOFE)
BOFE is responsible for investigation and enforcement of statutes covering workers' compensation insurance coverage, child labor, cash pay, unlicensed contractors, Industrial Welfare Commission orders, as well as group claims involving minimum wage and overtime claims. BOFE also handles criminal investigations involving these group claims.
- Overview of Bureau of Field Enforcement (2/2013)
- Report a labor law violation
- Frequently asked questions regarding wage and hour laws
- Phone information about your rights
- Líneas directas para información en español
- Time, Manner and Payment of Wages - English - Updated 10/13)
- Time, Manner and Payment of Wages - Spanish - Updated 10/13)
- BOFE Annual Reports to the Legislature
The Public Works Unit investigates and enforces application of appropriate prevailing wage rates for public works construction projects.
The Labor Employment Task Force (LETF) is a partnership of state and federal agencies, each expert in their own field, collaborating for vigorous and targeted enforcement against unscrupulous businesses participating in the "underground economy" historically abusing the workforce in the garment manufacturing, auto body, agriculture, car wash, construction, pallets and restaurant industries.
The Sweatfree Code of Conduct provides excerpts from the Public Contract Code section 6108 (g).