Resources for Program Sponsors
Training Fund Grants
The training fund grant for the 2021-2022 fiscal year.
These grants are for apprenticeship programs in the building and construction trades only.
- 2021 Grant announcement and instructions version Sample Statement Sample Invoice
- 2021 Grant application version
- Vendor Data Record STD 204 version
Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL)
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) provides increased funding opportunities for registered apprenticeship programs to supplement their apprentice training costs. To be eligible to receive these funds, approved programs must be placed on the State's Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL). If you are interested in being placed on the ETPL, please email the Employment Development Department (EDD) at email@example.com with proof of your apprenticeship’s registration with the DIR/DAS.
Apprentice Cancellation Process
- Letter announcing new apprentice cancellation process version
- Apprentice Complaint Form – In many instances Apprentices have the right to appeal the Program's decision to terminate their agreement.
Minimum Industry Training Criteria
As of 2010, all crafts are required to include green components such as recycling and reuse of products to their minimum industry training criteria (MITC). Please refer to the MITC web page for detailed requirements.
Barber / Cosmetologist Agreement Approval Process
- Joint letter from the California Barber and Cosmetology Board & the Division of Apprenticeship Standards to barber and cosmetology programs. version
- Letter from the Division of Apprenticeship Standards to the barber and cosmetology programs regarding the new apprentice agreement approval process. version
Publications, Reports, and Forms
- Completion counts and average completions rates are available on the Completion Dashboard
- Excerpt from Roofer Ratio Change Letter November 2007