Seeking to Hire Attorney III Positions
Cal/OSHA's collegial Los Angeles office seeks two Attorney IIIs for administrative litigation/public-agency practice to improve safety & health in California workplaces. The work is varied, interesting, and fast paced, and helps deter future violations of occupational health and safety standards through education, outreach, rulemaking, and litigation. DOSH is an equal opportunity employer. See Cal/OSHA's home page and description of the Legal Unit and Bureau of Investigation.
More information on the Attorney III positions is provided on the State job posting.
Please apply by November 16, 2020.
If you have any questions, contact Mary Ann David at email@example.com or (510) 286-7348.
The California Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA) protects and improves the health and safety of working men and women in California and the safety of passengers riding on elevators, amusements rides, and tramways through the following activities:
- Setting and enforcing standards
- Providing outreach, education, and assistance
- Issuing permits, licenses, certifications, registrations, and approvals
Cal/OSHA Fast Facts
- Largest state OSHA plan in the United States
- Offices throughout California
- Branches and Units: Enforcement, Consultation Services, Amusement Ride and Tramway, Asbestos and Carcinogen, Crane, Elevator, High Hazard, Labor Enforcement Task Force, Legal, Bureau of Investigations, Mining and Tunneling, Pressure Vessel, Process Safety Management, and Research and Standards
- The Enforcement Branch: Responsible for investigating complaints and accidents, inspecting targeted workplaces, citing employers for violations, stopping unsafe work, and issuing permits, certifications, licenses, and approvals.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pension plan
- 401(k)/457 retirement plans
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending account to save on medical and child care expenses
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Union representation
- Professional development support