Decisions and Determinations from the Office of the Director
This page contains information on decisions and determinations made by the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations.
Public Works Coverage Determinations
Public works coverage determinations are directed to specific individuals or entities about whether a specific project or type of work is public work subject to prevailing wage requirements. Visit the Public Works Coverage Determinations page to learn more.
- Notice regarding DIR's decision to discontinue use of public works coverage determinations as precedential, 9/6/2007
Prevailing Wage Enforcement Decisions
The Office of the Director issues decisions in cases arising out of prevailing wage enforcement actions. The decisions are being provided to the public to show how the Director has interpreted the statutory scheme and applied its provisions in specific factual settings. Visit the Prevailing Wage Enforcement Decisions page to learn more.
- Hauling under Labor Code section 1720.3
- Director’s General Prevailing Wage Determinations
- California Prevailing Wage Laws
- List of Charter Cities That Meet Requirements of Senate Bills 7, 829, and 922
- Public Works Unit, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement
- Public Works Apprenticeship Requirements
- Labor Compliance Programs
- Summary of Skilled and Trained Workforce Statutes