Asbestos and Carcinogen Unit
- Asbestos Standards in Construction1, Shipyards2, and General Industry3.
- The General Industry Standard relating to Non-Asbestiform Tremolite, Anthophyllite, and Actinolite.4
If you wish to file a complaint with Cal/OSHA about hazardous exposure to asbestos fibers or non-asbestiform fibers in your workplace, follow the instructions for filing a complaint with the Cal/OSHA Enforcement district office that serves your job location.
Asbestos Contractor Registration
Registration with Cal/OSHA is required for contractors and employers that remove asbestos having an asbestos fiber content of more than 0.1% and 100 square feet or more of surface area of asbestos-containing material.5
Asbestos Consultant and Technician Certification
Certification is required for consultants and technicians conducting asbestos sampling or planning and overseeing asbestos removal projects of 100 square feet or more of surface area of asbestos-containing construction materials.5 See also applicable California Title 8 regulations, Section 1529(q) and Section 341.15.
Asbestos Trainers Approval
Cal/OSHA has a program for approving Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) asbestos training courses.5
Required Notifications by Employers Regarding Carcinogens
Contact the Asbestos and Carcinogen Unit
Cal/OSHA Asbestos and Carcinogen Unit
1750 Howe Avenue, Suite 460
Sacramento, CA 95825
More information about asbestos ...
- Asbestos Registrants: Check the registration status of Cal/OSHA-registered asbestos contractors & employers.
- Asbestos Information: General information, asbestos regulations, and notification rules.
- Asbestos Resources: Regulatory agencies, technical information and compliance data.
5Labor Code sections 6501.5-6510 and 9020-9022
6Labor Code sections 9030-9032 and 8 CCR section 5203