Office of Legislative Affairs (OLA)
The Office of Legislative Affairs (OLA) coordinates legislative activities and advises the Director on proposed legislation. OLA serves as the primary liaison between the Department and the state legislature, as well as federal, local, and state agencies and handles all legislative inquiries.
Programs and Initiatives
- Communicate and collaborate on emerging issues with the Governor’s Office, other branches of federal and state government, workers, employers and others in the community
- Undertake strategic planning to ensure integration of policy, research, legislative activities, education and outreach
- Analyze proposed legislation including potential costs, benefits, and other impacts
- Coordinate legislative activities within the Department and with other agencies
- Support and coordinate the implementation of newly enacted legislation
Main Line: (510) 286-7087
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email Morgan Carvajal at Morgan.Carvajal@gov.ca.gov.