Report a Work-Related Accident - Employers

Employers must immediately report to Cal/OSHA any work-related death or serious injury or illness. We encourage employers to do so by telephone, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:

  1. In what type of industry did the accident occur?

    Adult Film Industry

    To report employee exposure to infectious disease:
    Peter Riley, Regional Manager
    Phone: (714) 558-4300

    Mining & Tunneling Industry

    ºSacramento To report, call,
    (916) 574-2540
    2424 Arden Way, Suite 125
    Sacramento, CA 95825
    ºVan Nuys To report, call,
    (818) 901-5420
    6150 Van Nuys Blvd., Rm. 310
    Van Nuys, CA 91401
    ºSan Bernardino To report, call,
    (909) 383-6782
    464 W. 4th Street, Ste. 354
    San Bernardino, CA 92401

    Process Safety Management (PSM) Industry

    Call the number below for accidents that involve large quantities of toxic and flammable materials.

    To report, call,
    (925) 602-2665
    1450 Civic Court,
    Suite 550 Concord, CA 94520

    All Other Industries

  2. For your call, please gather as much information as possible:

    As required by Title 8 regulations, section 342, you must include the following information in your phone call, if available:

    1. Time and date of accident/event
    2. Employer's name, address and telephone number
    3. Name and job title of the person reporting the accident
    4. Address of accident/event site
    5. Name of person to contact at accident/event site
    6. Name and address of injured employee(s)
    7. Nature of injuries
    8. Location where injured employee(s) was/were taken for medical treatment
    9. List and identity of other law enforcement agencies present at the accident/event site
    10. Description of accident/event and whether the accident scene or instrumentality has been altered.
  3. You may also report a work-related injury, illness or death by email.
October 2019