SB 321 - Household Domestic Services
On September 27, 2021, Governor Gavin Newsom signed into law SB 321 (Durazo, Chapter 332, Statutes of 2021), creating an advisory committee comprised of members of the public and experts to discuss and develop recommendations, ensuring the health and safety of domestic workers in the home setting.
SB 321 - Employment Safety Standards: Advisory Committee: Household Domestic Services
The advisory committee met on a monthly basis throughout 2022 and worked collaboratively to accomplish the following:
- Develop voluntary, industry-specific occupational safety and health guidance for the household domestic service industry.
- Make recommendations, in consultation with the divisions and entities within the Department of Industrial Relations, and applicable state agencies and departments, on what additional policies may be adopted by the Department of Industrial Relations or the Legislature to protect the health and safety of household domestic service employees.
For information related to previously held advisory committee meetings, visit the SB 321 - Household Domestic Services Advisory Committee page and navigate by month.
Policy and Guidelines
- Office of Legislative and Regulatory Affairs (OLRA)
- Senate Bill 321
- Cal/OSHA Safety and Health Publications
- Contact Us at SB321@dir.ca.gov