Mine Safety Training
The Mine Safety Training program will continue to enhance State and Federal mine compliance and augment training and educational systems by providing a program that will educate miners, mine contractors, and mine customers in safety and health, contribute to the reduction of lost time injuries throughout the State's mining industry, and make significant progress towards eliminating mining fatalities.
A detailed program has been developed using the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) training guidelines and then augmenting and extending those training plans to meet the individual needs of the respective California mine operators, contractors, and customers. The program will provide health and safety training in the following areas:
- 30 CFR parts 46 and 48 New Miner Training (24 hours required for New Miner Training)
- 30 CFR parts 46 and 48 Newly Hired Experienced Miner Training
- 30 CFR parts 46 and 48 Annual Refresher Training for surface mining (Miner must have completed "New Miner Training" or be an "Experienced Miner" for at least 3 years)
- Upon request, specialized training designed according to significant injury concerns, pertinent health issues, and particular areas of concern for California miners
Classes are limited to 30 students and fills up quickly.
To register for a class, send an email to MST@dir.ca.gov and provide ALL of the following information:
- Telephone #
- Company name
- Class Dates and Location
|December 18, 2017||Annual Refresher||8am - 4:30pm||Sacramento||Open|
|December 27, 28, 29, 2017||New Miner Training||8am - 4:30pm||Sacramento||Open|
|January 19, 2018||Annual Refresher||8am - 4:30pm||Sacramento||Open|
|January 30, 31, and February 1, 2018||New Miner Training||8am - 4:30pm||Sacramento||Open|
|December 12, 2017||Annual Refresher||8am - 4pm||San Bernardino*||Open|
|December 13, 14, 15, 2017||New Miner Training||8am - 4pm||San Bernardino*||Open|
|January 16, 2018||Annual Refresher||8am - 4pm||San Bernardino*||Open|
|January 17, 18, 19, 2018||New Miner Training||8am - 4pm||San Bernardino*||Open|
* New Location for this class. Contact MST@dir.ca.gov for address.