Hazard Evaluation System and Information Service Resources
What is the Hazard Evaluation System and Information Service (HESIS)?
The Hazard Evaluation System and Information Service (HESIS) is a program in the Occupational Health Branch of the California Department of Public Health that identifies, evaluates, and provides practical information on toxic chemicals and other workplace hazards. HESIS also offers technical input and recommendations on new or updated occupational health standards and works collaboratively with different groups on prevention projects and activities.
HESIS is supported by an interagency agreement between the Department of Industrial Relations and the Department of Public Health.
- HESIS Workplace Health and Safety Publications
- Occupational Health Branch Health and Safety Publications
Cal/OSHA Branches & Units
- Amusement Ride and Tramway
- Asbestos and Carcinogen
- Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries
- Communications Program
- Heat and Agriculture Coordination Program
- High Hazard
- Labor Enforcement Task Force
- Legal and BOI
- Mining and Tunneling
- Pressure Vessel
- Process Safety Management
- Research and Standards
- Other Units