Small Business Portal
Small businesses make up a large part of California’s economy. DIR helps small businesses by providing guidance on workplace laws.
Small business owners can use the resources below to know what is required before starting a business, or for assistance with current small business operations.
- Labor Commissioner Publishes 2022 COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave Poster and Resources
- Cal/OSHA Reminds Employers to Post 2021 Annual Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses on February 1
- California’s Minimum Wage to Increase to $15 per Hour for Large Employers, $14 per Hour for Small Employers
The Department of Industrial Relations is a resource for small businesses. Contact us for information and assistance with workplace requirements.
Get resources on workplace safety and health requirements.
Know how to pay workers properly.
Learn about having an insurance plan to cover workplace injuries and illnesses.
Find workforce solutions by developing an approved apprenticeship program.
- Attend a meeting, workshop or hearing
- Do business with DIR
- Get workplace postings
- View Labor Law FAQs
- Register a car wash
- Register for garment manufacturing
- Report a violation of the state Labor Code
- Apply for a permit or registration with Cal/OSHA
- See available occupational health and safety publications
- Develop an injury & illness prevention program
- Get information on workplace safety & health requirements
- Obtain a free consultation from Cal/OSHA Consultation Services
- Report an accident or injury