Links to state resources
- Governor's Small Business Advocate
- California Small Business Guide
- Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH)
- Employment Development Department (EDD)
Links to federal resources
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
The Department of Industrial Relations is a resource for small businesses. Contact us for information and assistance with workplace requirements.
Get resources on workplace safety and health requirements.
Know how to pay workers properly.
Learn about having an insurance plan to cover workplace injuries and illnesses.
Find workforce solutions by developing an approved apprenticeship program.
- Attend a meeting, workshop or hearing
- Do business with DIR
- Get workplace postings
- View Labor Law FAQs
- Register a car wash
- Register for garment manufacturing
- Report a violation of the state Labor Code
- Apply for a permit or registration with Cal/OSHA
- See available occupational health and safety publications
- Develop an injury & illness prevention program
- Get information on workplace safety & health requirements
- Obtain a free consultation from Cal/OSHA Consultation Services
- Report an accident or injury