Small Business Portal
In California, employers with one or more employees have to follow workplace requirements and regulations. Small business owners can use the information below to know how to protect and pay employees at work in California.
The Department of Industrial Relations is a resource for small businesses. Contact us for information and assistance with workplace requirements.
Get resources on workplace safety and health requirements.
Know how to pay workers properly.
Learn about having an insurance plan to cover workplace injuries and illnesses.
Find workforce solutions by developing an approved apprenticeship program.
- Attend a meeting, workshop or hearing
- Do business with DIR
- Get workplace postings
- View Labor Law FAQs
- Register a car wash
- Register for garment manufacturing
- Report a violation of the state Labor Code
- Apply for a permit or registration with Cal/OSHA
- See available occupational health and safety publications
- Develop an injury & illness prevention program
- Get information on workplace safety & health requirements
- Obtain a free consultation from Cal/OSHA Consultation Services
- Report an accident or injury