Release Number: 2022-49
Date: June 21, 2022
DWC Posts Adjustments to Official Medical Fee Schedule (Physician Services / Non-Physician Practitioner Services)
The Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) has posted an order adjusting the Official Medical Fee Schedule (OMFS) to conform to changes in the Medicare payment system as required by Labor Code section 5307.1.
The Physician and Non-Physician Practitioner Fee Schedule update Order adopts the following Medicare July 1, 2022 third quarter changes:
- CMS’ Medicare National Physician Fee Schedule Relative Value File July 1, 2022 quarterly update - RVU22C – Updated 6/17/2022
- National Correct Coding Initiative Practitioner Procedure to Procedure (PTP) Edits July 1, 2022 quarterly update
- National Correct Coding Initiative Medically Unlikely Edits July 1, 2022 quarterly update (excluding MUE “0” value codes)
- CMS’ ZIP Code to Carrier Locality files July 1, 2022 quarterly update, for Geographic Practice Cost Index (GPCI) locality mapping
- CMS’ Telehealth List updated 6/17/2022
The order dated June 20, 2022 adopting the above OMFS adjustments is posted on the physician services and non-physician practitioner services fee schedule webpage and supersedes the order dated June 16, 2022 for services rendered on or after July 1, 2022.