DWC Physician Education
Available now online and for mobile app! Free CME* credit.
Physicians treating in the California workers' compensation system are required to follow the evidence-based recommendations in the DWC medical treatment utilization schedule (MTUS). The online course below provides helpful instruction.In the first training module, learn to maximize patient recovery, function, and return-to-work considerations using the MTUS.
You will learn:
- What the MTUS is and how to use it
- How to navigate the MTUS treatment guidelines and apply recommendations via case scenarios
- When to consider recommendations outside of the MTUS guidelines for the care of your patient
- The role of utilization review (UR) and independent medical review (IMR) physicians
This online one-hour course is for treating physicians, qualified medical examiners, physician reviewers, other health care providers, as well as anyone else interested in learning how to use the MTUS.
Additional modules are under development and will be added to this website.
Notice: To register for and access the online physician training module, you must follow one of the links above. You will then be re-directed to an external site.
For technical assistance on this module, please contact CADWC Support.
* The Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (COEH) designates this online training module for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. 1 hour CE also available for DCs and RNs. QMEs may report up to 1 hour of credit for QME reappointment.