Medical Treatment Utilization Schedule (MTUS)
This online 90-minute course is open to the public and may also be useful for attorneys, claims administrators, and medical providers participating in the California workers’ compensation system.
At the completion of this activity, you will be able to:
- Define what the MTUS is and why it is vitally important to the care of your patients.
- Identify the guidelines in the MTUS and how to locate them.
- Use the MTUS-ACOEM guidelines and register for your free access.
- Use recommendations found in the MTUS-ACOEM guidelines for your patients’ treatment.
- Describe the MTUS Drug Formulary, how it is structured, its scope, and its application.
- Apply the MTUS Medical Evidence Search Sequence when considering recommendations found outside of the MTUS-ACOEM guidelines.
- Produce required citations and clinical documentation to support your treatment requests.
- Describe the methodology used by Utilization Review and Independent Medical Review physicians to evaluate conflicting recommendations.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the California Medical Association (CMA) through the joint providership of The Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (COEH) and State of California Department of Industrial Relations Division of Workers' Compensation.
The Center for Occupational and Environmental Health is accredited by the CMA to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (COEH) designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 12983, for 1.5 contact hours.
Notice: To register for and access the online physician training modules, you must follow one of the links above. You will then be re-directed to an external site.
For technical assistance on these modules, please contact CADWC Support.