Car Washing and Polishing Registration
Apply for a Car Washing and Polishing Registration Certificate
- Read the instructions
- Read instructions for IRS form 8821
- Print IRS form 8821
- Gather your required documents
- Fill out an application:
Submit Online Application and Payment of Fees
- Scan your required documents for upload
- EFT or credit card payments processed with an online application are not charged a convenience fee.
- At the end of the process, print your email confirmation to mail to the IRS along with your IRS Form 8821
- Print one of the following applications: Chinese, English, Korean, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese
- If you are submitting a paper application, payment must be included.
- Cashier’s check or money order made payable to DLSE are accepted – personal checks or business checks are not accepted.
- Online payment may be submitted in advance. EFT does not include a fee. However, a convenience fee will be included for credit card processing.
- Declaration and Authorization to Release Information (optional)
- Make a copy of the completed application and mail to the IRS along with your IRS Form 8821
AN INCOMPLETE APPLICATION, INCLUDING INCOMPLETE SUBMISSION OF REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION, WILL DELAY THE ISSUANCE OF YOUR LICENSE. IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING A RENEWAL APPLICATION, TO AVOID A LAPSE IN THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF YOUR LICENSE, PLEASE RETURN YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE, WITH FEES AND DOCUMENTATION, AT LEAST 90 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EXPIRATION OF YOUR LICENSE.
Labor Commissioner's Office