- Become an apprentice
- Find an apprenticeship program
- Find a registered apprentice
- Train employees through apprenticeship
- Program sponsors
- Use apprentices on public works projects
- I built it!
- Apprenticeship Council meetings
- DIR Laws and Regulations
- Refinery Safety Curriculum
California Apprenticeship Council (CAC)
The CAC was established by the Shelley-Maloney Apprentice Labor Standards Act of 1939. The council holds an open quarterly meeting to conduct the business of apprenticeship in California and fulfill its statutory responsibilities: providing policy advice on apprenticeship matters to the director of industrial relations, issuing rules and regulations on specific apprenticeship subjects to be published in the California Code of Regulations, and conducting appeals hearings.
As administrator of apprenticeship, DIR's director investigates and issues determinations regarding apprentice disputes, and the CAC hears appeals of these determinations.
Of the council's 17 members, 14 are appointed by the governor for four-year terms; six represent management, six represent labor, two represent the public. The remaining three are ex officio members representing the chancellor of the California Community Colleges, the superintendent of public instruction, and DIR's director. The chief of the Division of Apprenticeship Standards serves as secretary to the CAC, and DAS provides staff services.
- Overview of CAC
- Commissioners of the California Apprenticeship Council
- Sub-committees and assigned Commissioners
- CAC/DAS notice of public meetings
- Annual reports
- Best Practices for pre-apprenticeship programs
- CAC comments and Forum Suggestions
- California Apprenticeship Council newsletter 3rd quarter 2016
- California Apprenticeship Council newsletter 2nd quarter 2016
- California Apprenticeship Council newsletter 1st quarter 2016
- California Apprenticeship Council newsletter 4th quarter 2015
- Memo Announcing New Community College Apprenticeship Grant Opportunities
- Community College Grant opportunities page
- California Apprenticeship Council newsletter 3rd quarter 2015
- California Apprenticeship Council newsletter 2nd quarter 2015