- LETF Home
- Report a workplace hazard to Cal/OSHA
- File a wage claim
- Know my employment rights
- Know my rights as an injured worker
- Get workplace postings
- Find prevailing wage determinations
Also of Interest
GlossaryA B C D E F G H I J L M N O P Q R S T U V W
An individual who has signed an agreement for a term to be trained with a contractor/employer or an apprenticeship committee. Archaic term is indentured.
regular rate of pay
The compensation an employee normally earns for the work they perform. The regular rate of pay includes different kinds of compensation, such as hourly earnings, salary, piecework earnings and commissions. In no case may the regular rate of pay be less than the minimum wage.
Waste that is any of the following:
- Liquid or semi-liquid blood or other potentially infectious materials
- Contaminated items that contain liquid or semi-liquid blood, or are caked with dried blood or other potentially infectious materials and are capable of releasing these materials when handled or compressed
- Contaminated sharps
- Pathological and microbiological wastes containing blood or other potentially infectious materials
- Medical waste regulated by Health and Safety Code sections 117600 through 118360.
A unit within state Division of Workers' Compensation that administratively resolves vocational rehabilitation disputes.