2. Lifting/Lowering: How to Lift
Avoid lifting or lowering from the floor, How To Do This
- Store materials and/or products off the floor.
- Arrange materials to arrive on pallets, and keep materials on pallets during storage.
- Use a forklift to lift or lower the entire pallet of material, rather than lifting or lowering the material individually.
- Arrange to have material off-loaded directly onto storage shelves. Store only lightweight or infrequently lifted items on the floor.
- Use mechanical devices (e.g., lifts, hoists) whenever possible.
- Avoid designing jobs that require workers to lift or lower materials to or from floor level.