Garment Manufacturers (and Contractors)
Who Needs to Get a Garment Registration Certificate?
Every person engaged in the business of garment manufacturing must register with the Labor Commissioner. For more information, go to our Rules & Regulations page.
To verify a garment registration certificate or newly issued temporary license extension from the new system, check the new verification database.
- Instructions for Registration as Garment Manufacturers and Contractors.
- Rules and Regulations - Garment Manufacturing Industry
- Summary of Basic California and Federal Employment Requirements for Garment Industry Employers
- Garment Study Guides (English Spanish Chinese Vitenamese Korean)
- Examination Study Materials - Pertinent Regulations Governing Occupational Safety and Health (full version)
- Workplace Injury & Illness Prevention Program (April, 2018)
- The Laws Relating to the Time, Manner and Payment of Wages
- Wage Order No. 1-2001 - Manufacturing Industry
- Pay Day Notice