Entertainment Permit to Employ Minors

Permit Application

A permit to employ minors in the entertainment industry is required of any individual or business entity that intends to employ an artist or performer under the age of 18 in the state of California.  The permit is only valid as long as the business owner or business entity has a valid workers’ compensation insurance policy. The permit must be renewed when the workers' compensation insurance policy is renewed or if the workers’ compensation insurance changes.

Permit Requirements

Steps to register:

✓   Complete the permit application online or register by mail or in person

✓   Proof of your workers’ compensation coverage - one of the following:
            ●  A valid workers’ compensation insurance certificate, which must include the complete and correct                  name of the legal entity that is the insured employer, including fictitious business names and the                  complete and correct address for each location
            ●  Certificate of authority to self-insure

Register or Renew Online

The permit will only be issued when a complete application, including a valid workers’ compensation insurance certificate, is received. A renewal application should be submitted 30 to 60 days prior to the expiration of your permit.