Entertainment Work Permit for Minors – Registration by Mail
Register or Renew by Mail:
- Download and print the application in one of the following languages:
- Copies of all the required documents as specified on the form.
- Include a pre-addressed stamped envelope so that the permit can be mailed to you.
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training Requirements for minors aged 14-17 years old
- Declaration and Authorization to Release Information (optional)
Mail your application to:
Division of Labor Standards Enforcement
Entertainment Work Permit Unit
6150 Van Nuys Blvd, Room 100
Van Nuys, CA 91401
Applications are not accepted by fax or email.
Effective March 2, 2020, applications dropped off in person require a letter from a production entity or audition entity for same-day service. A letter from an agent or manager will not be accepted.
The letter must include at minimum:
- Minor's name
- Date minor will be working or auditioning
- Signed and dated by entity writing the letter
Applications with valid proof for an upcoming job will be expedited and permits will be issued at least 3 days prior to the scheduled job and sent to the email address on file.
Regular applications submitted in person without any upcoming jobs will be processed in the order received.
Click here for official notice.
The walk-in hours of the Van Nuys Entertainment Work Permit Unit are 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Monday and Friday, and 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
To find the nearest Labor Commissioner's office, use the division's office locator.