FLC Exams and Continuing Education
After you have submitted your application, you need to contact the closest DLSE District office to you to schedule the exam. See the list of DLSE offices below regarding where to schedule and take the exam.
Farm labor contractors (FLC) are required to take California’s farm labor contractor exam every two years. An FLC who has violated any law related to farm labor contracting must take the exam the year after the violation or at the request of the Labor Commissioner.
A copy of a valid driver’s license or other legal photo identification is required for each person taking the exam.
** If you need to retake the FLC exam before the expiration of an existing license, the application will not be approved even if you apply during the two-year period in which the exam is valid. **
If you fail the exam three times within a year, the application will be denied.
Where Can I Take the Exam?
Call any of the following DLSE offices to schedule an exam:Bakersfield (661) 587-3060
El Centro (760) 353-0607
Fresno (559) 248-1893
Long Beach (562) 590-5048
Los Angeles (213) 897-5960
Oakland (510) 622-3273
Redding (530) 225-2655
Sacramento (916) 263-2841
Salinas (831) 676-2521
San Bernardino (909) 383-6394
San Diego (619) 767-2036
San Francisco (415) 703-4854
San Jose (408) 277-9651
Santa Ana (714) 558-4912
Santa Barbara (805) 568-1222
Santa Rosa (707) 576-2362
Stockton (209) 948-7747
Van Nuys (818) 901-5315
After your exam has been scheduled, you can prepare for it using this handy study guide:
- Farm Labor Contractor License Examination Study Guide
After your exam has been scheduled, you can prepare for it using the handy study guide and the materials below:
- Minimum Wage Order 2019 - English
- Minimum Wage Order 2019 - Spanish
- IWC Order 14-2001 - English
- IWC Order 14-2001 - Spanish
- FLCs and Cannabis Cultivation, FAQs - English
- FLCs y Cultivo de Cannabis, Preguntas Frecuentes – Pronto estará disponible en Español
- IWC Order 4-2001 – Employees in Cannabis Cultivation – English
- IWC Order 4-2001 – Empleados en el Cultivo de Cannabis - Spanish
- Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) Sexual Harassment Information
- The Facts about Sexual Harassment DFEH-185
- Los Hechos sobre el Acoso Sexual DFEH-185S
- The Laws Relating to the Time, Manner and Payment of Wages (Rev.10/2013)
- Las Leyes Relaciondas al Tiempo, Manera y Pago de Salarios (Rev. 10/2013)
- Users Guide to Cal/OSHA
- Injury and Illness Prevention Model Program For Employers With Seasonal or Intermittent Workers
- Programa modelo para la prevención de lesiones y enfermedades en el trabajo para empleadores con trabajadores estacionales o temporales
- Field Sanitation Fact Sheet Cal/OSHA
You must take at least nine hours of relevant education classes for each license period.
Approved continuing education programs:
- California Farm Labor Contractor Association (CFLCA)
- The Training Institute
- Grower-Shipper Association
- Rules and Regulations Regarding Farm Labor Contracting
- Rules and Regulations for FLCs
- Contact us at DLSE.firstname.lastname@example.org. if you have any questions.