FLC Exams and Continuing Education
Farm labor contractors (FLC) are required to take California’s farm labor contractor exam every two years. An FLC who has violated any law related to farm labor contracting must take the exam the year after the violation or at the request of the Labor Commissioner.
A copy of a valid driver’s license or other legal photo identification is required for each person taking the exam.
** If you need to retake the FLC exam before the expiration of an existing license, the application will not be approved even if you apply during the two-year period in which the exam is valid. **
If you fail the exam three times within a year, the application will be denied.
Where Can I Take the Exam?
Exams are conducted my appointment, our office will reach out to you to schedule your appointment once you have submitted your complete your farm labor contractor application.
After your exam has been scheduled, you can prepare for it using the materials below:
- Farm Labor Contractor Exam Study Guide (English)
- Farm Labor Contractor Exam Study Guide (Spanish)
- Minimum Wage Order 2023 - English
- Minimum Wage Order 2023- Spanish
- IWC Order 14-2001 - English
- IWC Order 14-2001 - Spanish “Unavailable at this time”
- FLCs and Cannabis Cultivation, FAQs - English
- IWC Order 4-2001 – Employees in Cannabis Cultivation – English
- IWC Order 4-2001 – Empleados en el Cultivo de Cannabis - Spanish “Unavailable at this time”
- Civil Rights Department Sexual Harassment Prevention Training Information
- Sexual Harassment Fact Sheet CRD-185-ENG
- Hoja de Información sobre el Acoso Sexual CRD-185-SP
- The Laws Relating to the Time, Manner and Payment of Wages (Rev.10/2013)
- Las Leyes Relaciondas al Tiempo, Manera y Pago de Salarios (Rev. 10/2013)
- Laws that Prohibit Retaliation
- Users Guide to Cal/OSHA
- Injury and Illness Prevention Model Program For Employers With Seasonal or Intermittent Workers
- Programa modelo para la prevención de lesiones y enfermedades en el trabajo para empleadores con trabajadores estacionales o temporales
- Field Sanitation Fact Sheet Cal/OSHA
You must take at least nine hours of relevant education classes for each license period.
Approved continuing education programs:
- California Association of Agricultural Labor (CAAL)
- California Farm Labor Contractor Association (CFLCA)
- The Training Institute
- Grower-Shipper Association
- Rules and Regulations Regarding Farm Labor Contracting
- Rules and Regulations for FLCs
- Contact us at DLSE.email@example.com. if you have any questions.