If my claim was accepted

You should hear whether your claim is accepted or denied from your employer or its claims administrator within 90 days from the date the claim form is given to your employer. If you do not, your injury will be presumed to be covered.

What benefits am I entitled to?

Workers' compensation insurance provides five basic benefits:

What if I have a disagreement about my benefits?

At some point during your claim, you or the claims administrator might disagree with what your treating physician reports about your injury. When there is a disagreement, you may be evaluated by a qualified medical evaluator (QME). To qualify as a QME, a physician must meet additional educational and licensing requirements. They must also pass a test and participate in ongoing education on the workers' compensation evaluation process. If you have an attorney, your attorney and your claims administrator might agree on a doctor to resolve medical disputes. This doctor is called an agreed medical evaluator (AME).

Want to learn more? Find it in the guidebook

Did you know?

  • You can contact the Information and Assistance Unit if you have questions or call the DWC Information Services Center at 1-800-736-7401 to speak to a live representative.
  • The claims administrator must keep you up to date by sending letters that explain:
    • How TD payment amounts were determined.
    • Reasons for any delay in TD payments.
    • Reasons for changes in TD payment amounts.
    • Why TD benefits are ending.

Questions workers have:

March 2023