Foreign Labor Contractor Registration Document Requirements
Please note: If you are renewing your registration, submit your application at least 90 days before your license expires to allow time for processing and review.
Before you submit your application, you should have ready the following required documents:
- Fees: Registration fee of $95
- Fees may be paid online, or
- By mailing a cashier’s check or money order made payable to the “Labor Commissioner’s Office” or “Division of Labor Standards Enforcement”
- If applicant is a corporation, a copy of the Articles of Incorporation and the most recent Statement of Information (form SI-550) filed with the Secretary of State.
- If the applicant is an LLC, a copy of the Articles of Organization and most recent Statement of Information (form LLC-12)
- If applicant is a partnership, a copy of the written partnership agreement, if any.
- If the applicant is a corporate or similar entity in a foreign country, a copy of the registration or other certificate from the applicable foreign governmental agency which authorizes the business entity to exist or otherwise act as a lawful business entity.
- An original Foreign Labor Contractor Bond (DLSE 702) which complies with the requirements of Business and Professions Code section 9998.1.5(b)(3).
- The applicant must provide to the Labor Commissioner the total amount of gross receipts for the twelve (12) months prior to filing the application.
- The applicant must deposit with the Labor Commissioner a surety bond in an amount based on the size of the applicant’s annual gross receipts from operations as a foreign labor contractor, as follows:
- (i) For gross receipts up to five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000), a fifty-thousand-dollar ($50,000) bond.
- (ii) For gross receipts of five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000) to two million dollars ($2,000,000), a one-hundred-thousand-dollar ($100,000) bond.
- (iii) For gross receipts greater than two million dollars ($2,000,000), a one-hundred-fifty-thousand-dollar ($150,000) bond.
- Live scan fingerprint images for a sole proprietor, all partners of a partnership, all corporate officers of a corporation, each member of a limited liability company, as applicable.
- A copy of driver’s license or other photo identification card with photograph, or passport photo for a sole proprietor, all partners of a partnership, all corporate officers of a corporation, each member of a limited liability company, as applicable.