- Bureau of Field Enforcement
- Wage Claim Adjudication
- Retaliation (RCI)
- Permits, Licenses, Certifications, and Registrations
- Public Works
- DLSE Frequently asked questions
- Legislative reports
- Labor Commissioner's Databases
- Electrician Certification Unit
Labor Commissioner's Office
Electrician Certification Forms
- Information on How to Complete the Electrician Certification Application
- Application for Electrician Examination and Certification
- Only print out form when completely finished, otherwise you will not be able to print the completed application
- If you write out the answers, make sure your writing is readable. If not, this may cause a delay in processing your form
- Fill out the form completely
- Request For Social Security Earnings Information - Form SSA-7050 and a Filled Out Sample
Please be advised that the Electrician Certification Unit does not schedule your exam for you.
After you have registered with the Electrician Certification Unit, you may schedule your exam with PSI at www.psiexams.com or call 800-733-9267. The "Candidate Information Bulletin" is an additional information guide for testing. You may download the booklet from PSI's website.
Social Security Administration Employment History Report
The SSA form 7050 is now revised by Social Security Administration. This law took effect on 1/1/2012 (AB 1346) requiring individuals desiring to be certified to submit an application for examination and certification that includes an employment history report from the Social Security Administration as proof of employment. You may obtain Form SSA-7050-F4 by clicking on this link http://www.socialsecurity.gov/online/ssa-7050.html. Please complete the form, request for the Non-Certified Detailed Earnings Information, and on page 2 #2 choose the first box ”Itemized Statement of Earnings $136” (includes the names and addresses of employers) and fill out the rest of the form for payment to Social Security for the report.
Note: Please remember to include your Social Security history report with your Application for Examination and Certification form and the applicable fee.
NOTE: For those who are renewing their certification:
If you are renewing prior to your certification card expiring, you will need to have 2,000 hours of work in the industry in the past three years, and have completed 32 hours of continuing education from an approved educational provider that are listed on our website under the following links:
If you are renewing after your card expired, you do not need to fulfill the 32 hours requirement for continuing education. Submit your Renewal Application with a check mark on the expired box and attach your $200.00 payment to retake the exam. You must retake the exam and pass or you will be illegally working.
Employers employing uncertified electricians may be investigated and penalties issued for not abiding by the law.
Files marked with are in Adobe Acrobat format. You may download a free copy of the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader from the Adobe web site.
Revised November 23, 2015