Report a Problem
- Frequently asked questions
- Legislative reports
- Labor Commissioner's Databases
Electrician certification program
Electrician certification curriculum committee
Pursuant to the requirements of AB 1087 (Calderon), Labor Code § 108.4, the Electrician Certification Curriculum Committee has been formed. The committee members are appointed by the Labor Commissioner and are as follows:
- Eric Rood - Assistant Chief, DLSE
- Luisa Martinez - Electrician Certification Program Manager, DLSE - ECU
- John Dunn - California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office
- Don Simonich – San Joaquin County Office of Education
The Division of Labor Standards Enforcement is required by the California Labor Code § 108 to "on or before July 1, 2003, establish an electrical certification curriculum committee comprised of representatives of the State Department of Education, the California Community Colleges, and the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement. The committee shall establish written educational curriculum standards for enrollees in training programs established pursuant to California Labor Code § 108.4".
The first meeting of the Electrician Certification Curriculum Committee was held September 10, 2003 in Sacramento, CA. The actions of the first meeting of the committee were to adopt minimum curriculum standards for the classification of general electrician and to also have it posted on the ECU Website.
- Fire-Life Safety Training Criteria (Same as Voice Data Video Training Criteria)
- Fire-Life Safety Crosswalk
- Non-Residential Lighting Tech – NALMCO – For contact information see school #149 from Approved Schools list.
- NRLT Curriculum Crosswalk
Electrician certification meetings 2015
|Date:||December 4, 2015|
|Time:||10:00 am - 12:00 noon|
|Place:||Division of Labor Standards Enforcement
2031 Howe Ave., Suite 100
Sacramento, CA 95825
|Notice - Agenda - Minutes|