Entertainment Work Permit Required Documents
- If you are submitting your application online, the documents listed below should be saved as legible PDFs in order to attach them.
Infants through kindergarten aged children:
- New registrants for entertainment work permits in this age range must provide one of the following: (copies only, please do not send original documents)
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate
- Official letter from hospital where the minor was born attesting to the birth date
- For infants younger than one month:
- Written certification from a licensed physician and surgeon who is board-certified in either pediatrics or family medicine, attesting that the infant is at least 15 days old, was carried to full term, was of normal birth weight, and is physically capable of handling the stress of working in the entertainment industry; and that the infant's lungs, eyes, heart and immune system are sufficiently developed to withstand the potential risks.
- Application with Health Record
School-aged minors:If the minor is in grades 1 through 12, in addition to completing the entertainment work permit application, the parent/guardian must obtain an authorized school official’s certification stating that the minor’s attendance, health, and scholastic records are satisfactory. The certification must contains the school or school district’s seal or stamp. If no seal or stamp is available, a signed and dated letter on official school or district letterhead may be attached.
- School Record information is required for grades 1 through 12.
- Application with School Record
When school is in session, the application must be completed and dated during the current school session by an authorized school official, and must contain the school or school district’s seal or stamp.
When school is not in session, the application may be accompanied by a copy of the minor's report card with the most recently achieved attendance and grades, or a letter from an authorized school official on school letterhead, indicating that the minor has “satisfactory” status in all academic subjects, health and attendance.
Online, Virtual, Private School:
The main office of the homeschool program or organization must complete the Application with School Record form or write a recently signed and dated letter on official school letterhead indicating that the minor is “satisfactory” in all academic subjects, health and attendance.
Homeschool (no program):
The Application with School Record form must be completed by the parent or guardian and attached to either a current private school affidavit, or written verification indicating that the minor is “satisfactory” in all academic subjects, health and attendance from either the local school district, county office of education, or state board of education where the minor lives.