- Bureau of Field Enforcement
- Wage Claim Adjudication
- Retaliation (RCI)
- Permits, Licenses, Certifications, and Registrations
- Public Works
- DLSE Frequently asked questions
- Legislative reports
- Labor Commissioner's Databases
- Electrician Certification Unit
Electrician certification Search
Electrician certification status
How to compile the search string
Use the name-with-number search (LLLL9999) to find all information
Enter the first four letters of the person’s last name and the last four numbers from either a valid driver license or identification card listed on the applicaiton form. If the person’s last name is less then four letters you must add spaces at the end of the name to complete the four letters. You may use either upper or lower case letters.
John Doe drivers license number C3456789 would be entered as Doe 6789
Jose Garica identification card number N3405465 would be entered as Garc5465
Richard Al-Ham drivers license number D9871111 would be entered as Alha1111
Robert O'Brian drivers license number C1113333 would be entered as OBri3333
James McHenry drivers license number G5551234 might be entered as McHe1234 or Mc H1234
How to search using numbers
Use the number search (999999 or 9999) to find limited information
You may enter a search by using the electrician certification card number, the electrician certification application tracking number or the electrician trainee number.
If you have the electrician certification card number enter the 6 digit number.
Example - Electrician certification card number E923456F would be entered as 923456.
If you have the electrician certification tracking number from the exam authorization letter enter that 6 digit number.
Example - Enter the tracking number: as printed above the name on the letter, like 298765.
If you have the trainee number from the registration approved letter enter the 4 digit number.
Example - Electrician trainee number T9123 would be entered as 9123
If you cannot find the individual you are looking for, complete the certifications you have and see the notes below. Also, click explanation of electrician application status field for status definitions.
If a search string that was entered does not match with any electricians in the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE) electrician certification database, this could be due to any of the following:
- The individual has not completed the application process for electrician certification or has not completed the application process to register as a trainee.
- The application was not received or has not yet been entered into the database.
- The application was incomplete and is being returned for more information or corrections.
- The individual used their exam eligibility but did not pass or did not take the exam and has not re-applied.
- The individual’s 1 year exam eligibility period has expired and they have not re-applied.
- There is a database error or the information is entered incorrectly.
If you believe that the electrician should be reported as certified, pending or trainee and is not; please contact the Electrician Certification Unit at (510) 286-3900 and leave a message and someone will get back to you.