- Labor Commissioner's Office
Licensing and registration search instructions
- Fill in one or more fields
- Capitalization is ignored
- Order is not ignored. For example Jane Smith does not match Smith Jane.
- Filling in a complete name in any field must be an exact match. For example, Jane Smith does not match James Smith, Jan Smith, or Janey Smithers.
- Filling in one name only in any field will provide all records with that name. For example, Jane matches Jane Doe, Richard Jones dba Jane Fashions, and Harold Janely.
- Searching with a partial name in any field will match all records that contain that sequence of letters. For example, in the "Name" field "mith" will match Jane Smith, Richard Smithers, John Omithley and Harvey Goldsmith. And in the "City" field "arc" will match Arcadia, San Marcos, Arcata, Arcos, etc.
- Searching with a partial number and an asterisk, *, as a wild card will find all records that contain that partial number. For example, *125 will match 41125, 30125, etc. Searching using *125* will match 41254, 41256, 41125, 1252, etc.
- A blank field matches everything. For example, leave the City field blank and records in all cities will be found.
- Spaces between words are important. For example, 123 Main Street will not match 123 Mainstreet.
- There is no means provided to conduct "or" searches. For example, searching for "Jane" or "Smith" will provide no results.
Please click here or the BACK button of your browser
to return to the search page.