How to File a Piece-Rate Worker Check Request

Employees paid piece-rate who worked between July 2012 and December 2015 may be eligible to receive payment for unpaid back wages.

A California law that went into effect on January 1, 2016, requires workers paid by piece-rate be compensated for rest and recovery periods, on the job training or transport from worksites during their work shifts.

Complete the AB 1513 Piece-Rate Worker Check Request form to recover unpaid wages if you fulfill the conditions listed below:

  • ✔ Did you work in California between July 1, 2012 and December 31, 2015?
  • ✔ Were you paid piece-rate? This means that you were paid for each box or unit produced.
  • ✔ Can you name your employer(s) from the time period specified above? If you have your check stubs or income tax records, review them for your employer’s name.

» The name of your employer must appear on the list of employers who submitted payment for unpaid back wages.

» you are still unsure if your employer made a payment:
Send an email to
Call DIR’s call center at (844) 522-6734

Send the signed form by mail, email or fax to:

Department of Industrial Relations
AB 1513 Application

Centralized Cashiering Unit
2031 Howe Avenue, Suite 100
Sacramento, CA 95825

The form can also be dropped off in person at your local Labor Commissioner’s Office.

California’s labor laws protect all workers, regardless of immigration status.

August 2021