Medical Treatment Utilization Schedule - drug formulary
The Division of Workers’ Compensation has adopted a drug formulary to implement Assembly Bill 1124 (Statutes 2015, Chapter 525). The regulations establish an evidence-based drug formulary, consistent with California’s Medical Treatment Utilization Schedule (MTUS), to augment the provision of high-quality medical care, maximize health, and promote return to work in a timely fashion, while reducing administrative burden and cost.
MTUS Drug Formulary – effective January 1, 2018
Obtain a Subscription to ReedGroup’s MDGuidelines and License for the Commercial Use of ACOEM Guidelines / Formulary / MTUS Drug List
- California medical providers who are new subscribers may obtain an annual commercial license to the ACOEM guidelines and formulary at a discounted rate of $100/year
- Other users will need to obtain license information by contacting ReedGroup / Joe Guerriero: via email to email@example.com or by phone (720) 456-4387
Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee
The Administrative Director has appointed the P&T committee pursuant to Labor Code section 5307.29. The formulary regulations (title 8, Cal. Code Regs. §§9792.27.18 – 9792.27.23) set forth a description of the role of the Committee and the qualifications to serve.
- Modeling the Economic Impact of a California Workers' Compensation Formulary - RAND 2017
- Interim Status Report - April 2017
- Implementing a Drug Formulary for California’s Workers' Compensation Program – RAND, August 2016
- Interim Status Report - July 2016
Questions may be submitted to the DWC formulary email box at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration Orange Book: Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations – Orange Book Publication and Orange Book Data Base
- MTUS Drug Formulary Webinar - Transcript - December 13 and 14, 2017
The webinar provides an overview of the MTUS Drug Formulary regulations, including the adoption of the drug list, implementation of updated MTUS guidelines, a demo of the online formulary tools for pharmaceutical searches.
- Medical treatment utilization schedule Webinar - Transcript - November 14 and 15, 2017
- Implementing AB 1124 Drug Formulary and update of MTUS guidelines forum
- California’s Drug Formulary: An Overview
- Assembly Bill 1124
- California Workers’ Compensation Drug Formulary: Design, Implementation, and Impact Analysis Project Overview
- Implementing AB 1124 Drug Formulary forum comments
- Online physician education courses now available
DWC offers free online education courses providing continuing education credits for physicians, QMEs, chiropractors, and nurses. Current offerings include the use of the Medical Treatment Utilization Schedule (MTUS) and tips for Qualified Medical Evaluators (QME).
- First DWC Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee Meeting Scheduled for September 26 in Oakland
- DWC Posts Updated MTUS Drug List Effective October 1
- DWC Announces Formation of Pharmacy and Therapeutics Advisory
First meeting scheduled on Wednesday, September 26 in Oakland