Supplemental job displacement benefits

Additional benefits may be available for injured workers who:

  • were injured on or after January 1, 2004,
  • have a permanent partial disability as a result of that injury, and
  • have not been offered other work by their employer.

The Supplemental Job Displacement Benefit (SJDB) comes in the form of a non-transferable voucher that can be used to pay for educational retraining or skill enhancement at state-approved or accredited schools.

If you qualify, you should receive the voucher form from the claims administrator. Review the frequently asked questions for more information.

  • After receiving the SJDB voucher, you may qualify for additional payments from the Return to Work Supplement Program. Read more here.

If you disagree with the claims administrator about the SJDB voucher, you can file a Request for Dispute Resolution form with DWC. The form will be reviewed by DWC and a decision will be issued.

Send the "Request for Dispute Resolution" form to:

State of California
Department of Industrial Relations 
Division of Workers' Compensation
Attention: SJDB
P.O. Box 420603
San Francisco, CA 94142

Training Providers


Mailing address: Physical address: 
Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education 
P.O. Box 980818 
West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818
(916) 574-7226 Direct
(916) 574-8672 Fax
Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education 
1747 North Market Blvd, Suite 225
Sacramento, CA 95834
(916) 574-7226 Direct
(916) 574-8672 Fax


February 2020