Oakland district office
1515 Clay Street, 6th floor
Oakland, CA 94612-1519
Gene Lam, presiding judge
Units within the Oakland district office:
- Disability Evaluation Unit
- Information & Assistance Unit
- Subsequent Injuries Benefits Trust Fund
- Uninsured Employers Benefits Trust Fund
Zip code locator tool will help you locate the DWC district office serving your ZIP code.
|Court is in session:||8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. morning session
1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. afternoon session
|Injured worker workshop:||Held the first Tuesday of every month at 10:30 a.m.
|Taller para trabajadores lesionados:|
|Late for court?||E-mail us|
The court lobby will be open 30 minutes before the beginning of the court session, five days per week (except for holidays). Items may be date stamped and filed at the reception desk on the 6th floor.
Getting to the court
- The Oakland City Center/12th Street BART station is about two blocks from the building. Proceed up the escalator to Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, past City Hall, to the Elihu Harris State Building.
- Driving directions to the Oakland district office.
Visitors to the Elihu Harris building must pass through a metal detector and all belongings must go through an x-ray machine. Weapons and other dangerous objects are prohibited in the building. Please allow extra time to pass through security.
There are parking lots located across and behind the building that run between $12-$14 a day. Metered street parking is also available around the building.
On the second floor of the building, Café Gourmet Choice serves entrees, soups, burgers and salads.
Within walking distance are delis, burrito and sandwich shops, Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai and Italian restaurants, barbecue, cheesesteaks, pizza, coffee shops and fast-food restaurants.
Please do not bring food or drinks to the 6th floor.