Alliance Logo License
LICENSE TO USE Cal/OSHA ALLIANCE LOGO
Alliance participants that have entered into an Alliance Agreement with Cal/OSHA, and are thereby designated Alliance Program Partners may use the Cal/OSHA Alliance logo (“Logo”), but such use is permitted only pursuant to these terms and conditions:
- License. Subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this license agreement (“License”), and only so long as the Alliance Program Partner (“Licensee”) shall remain a Member in good standing of the Alliance, Cal/OSHA grants to Licensee a non-exclusive right and license to use the Logo on the Licensee’s letterheads, correspondence, website and promotional materials to indicate that it is a member of the Alliance (“Permitted Uses”). Licensee acknowledges that the License is personal to the Licensee. Neither the License, nor any rights under the License, may be transferred, assigned, or sublicensed to third parties. The Licensee’s parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated entities are not authorized to use the Logo.
- Non-Permitted Uses. Any use not set forth in the license grant at paragraph 1, above, is a Non-Permitted Use. The Licensee shall not use the Logo on any product or product packaging, nor in any manner that suggests or implies, directly or indirectly, that the State of California, the Department of Industrial Relations, Cal/OSHA or the Alliance approves, certifies, or endorses any product or service of the Licensee. The Logo may not be used in any manner that disparages the Alliance or the Alliance’s members, or services. Neither the Logo nor any portion of the Logo may be displayed as a feature or design element of any other mark. Cal/OSHA has the right from time to time to request samples of the Licensee’s use of the Logo, which the Licensee shall provide to Cal/OSHA within ten (10) business days of the request, to confirm that the use of the Logo is consistent with this license.
- Appearance of the Logo. The Licensee will not alter, delete, or amend the Logo except with respect to size and/or color. The Licensee’s use of the Logo will be of such size as to permit legibility of the wording, but the Logo cannot be bigger than 10% of the page where it appears. The Licensee may use the colors of the Logo as it appears in the Attachment, or may use black and white; or grey and white color combinations.
The Licensee may only use the entire Logo as shown in the Attachment, and in particular, may not display or use the design portion of the Logo without the word “Partner.” If the Logo is displayed on the Licensee’s website, the Logo must be an active link to the Cal/OSHA homepage.
- Ownership of the Logo. The Licensee acknowledges the ownership of the Logo by Cal/OSHA, and agrees that nothing in the License gives or shall give the Licensee any right, title, or interest in the Logo other than the right to use the Logo in accordance with the License.
- Termination of License. The License shall terminate automatically if the Licensee ceases to be an Alliance Partner. Also, Cal/OSHA reserves the right to terminate the License in its sole discretion or if the Licensee: (i) misuses the Logo; (ii) uses the Logo in such a manner as will likely mislead or deceive the public or purchasers; (iii) fails to comply with any term of the License or any federal, state, or local law, regulation or ordinance. Upon termination or cancellation of this license for any reason, the License shall cease, and Licensee shall immediately cease the use, distribution or display of any materials containing the Logo.
- Assistance in Maintenance of the Logo. The Licensee shall assist Cal/OSHA in maintaining the Logo as a valid and subsisting collective membership mark, by supplying any records, documents, or material requested by Cal/OSHA in connection with Cal/OSHA’s applications for the registration of the Logo, or responding to the cataloguing efforts of the State of California’s Office of Intellectual Property in the Department of General Services.