I May be Sick or Exposed to COVID-19 What if I might be sick or have been exposed?
- What if I might be sick or have been exposed?
- What are my paid sick leave options?
- What if I was not paid for taking sick leave?
- What if I need to pay for medical treatment or cannot return to work?
- What if I am concerned about retaliation from my employer?
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should not go to work. Find a testing site.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Sore throat
- Recent loss of taste or smell
- Muscle pain
- Difficulty breathing
Read more on California’s website for COVID-19 Symptoms and Facts.
If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 or you have symptoms, it is important to let your supervisor know as soon as possible and stay home unless you need medical care. You may also be able to take paid sick leave so you can be compensated while you recover at home. Tell your employer that you need to use your paid sick leave hours.
View COVID-19 outbreak data that is collected and reported by the California Department of Public Health as required by AB 685.