- CONSTRUCTION SAFETY ORDERS,
- GENERAL INDUSTRY SAFETY ORDERS,
Sections 5155 and 5198
|Public hearing:||Apr. 20, 2023|
|45-day comment period:||Mar. 3, 2023 - Apr. 20, 2023|
|Filed with Secretary of State:|
Documents Relied Upon
- BCI (Battery Council International). Oral Testimony of BCI Representative Ismael Pedroza before Cal/OSHA. 2015.
- BCI. BCI Statement on the Economic Feasibility of the Proposed PEL in Areas Designated for SECALs. 2015. (Note: confidential business information has been redacted)
- BEAR (Berkeley Economic Advising and Research, LLC). Standardized Regulatory Impact Assessment: Revisions to Occupational Lead Standards. 2019; revised 2020. https://dof.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/Forecasting/Economics/Documents/SRIA_DIR_Lead_Safety_Standards_Revised200830.pdf
- Cal/OSHA. Explanatory note: Explanation of Differences in Estimates Prepared by OLPPP and Estimates Used in the SRIA and STD 399 for Lead-Exposed Employees, Establishments and Small Businesses. 2021.
- Caltrans (California Department of Transportation). Email to Susan Eckhardt, Cal/OSHA. 2016.
- CDC (US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System. Lead, Elevated Blood Levels 2016 Case Definition. 2016. https://ndc.services.cdc.gov/case-definitions/lead-elevated-blood-levels-2016/
- CDPH (California Department of Public Health). Letter to Steve Smith, Cal/OSHA. 2010.
- CDPH. Letter to Juliann J. Sum, Cal/OSHA. 2013.
- CDPH-OLPPP (Occupational Lead Poisoning Prevention Program). Spreadsheet provided to Cal/OSHA: Estimates of Lead-Exposed Workers and Establishments by Industry (Revised: 3/13/2018).
- CDPH-OLPPP. Spreadsheet provided to Cal/OSHA: Estimates of Lead-Exposed Workers and Establishments by Sector (Revised: 3/22/2018).
- CDPH-OLPPP. Written communication to Cal/OSHA: Estimating the Number of Lead-Exposed Workers and Affected Employers in CA. 2017.
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists. Public Health Reporting and National Notification for Elevated Blood Lead Levels. 2015. https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.cste.org/resource/resmgr/2015PS/2015PSFinal/15-EH-01.pdf
- EDD (California Employment Development Department) LMI (Labor Market Information), Table 2A, Third Quarter, 2018. https://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov/LMID/Size_of_Business_Data_for_CA.html
- EDD LMI, Table 2B, Third Quarter, 2018. https://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov/LMID/Size_of_Business_Data_for_CA.html
- EPA (US Environmental Protection Agency). Integrated Science Assessments for Lead. 2013. https://cfpub.epa.gov/ncea/isa/recordisplay.cfm?deid=255721
- Kosnett, M.J., et al. Recommendations for Medical Management of Adult Lead Exposure. Environmental Health Perspectives. 2007 Mar;115(3):463-71. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1849937/
- NIOSH (US National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health). Adult Blood Lead Epidemiology & Surveillance (ABLES). 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180625183327/https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/ables/ReferenceBloodLevelsforAdults.html
- NTP (US National Toxicology Program). NTP Monograph on Health Effects of Low-Level Lead. 2012. http://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/ntp/ohat/lead/final/monographhealtheffectslowlevellead_newissn_508.pdf
- ODPHP (US Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion). OSH-7 Reduce the Proportion of Persons who have Elevated Blood Lead Concentrations from Work Exposures. 2022.
- OEHHA (California Environmental Protection Agency - Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment). Estimating Workplace Air and Worker Blood Lead Concentration using an Updated Physiologically-based Pharmacokinetic (PBPK) Model. 2013. https://oehha.ca.gov/media/downloads/air/document/finalpboctober2013errata.pdf
- PASMA (Public Agency Safety Management Association). Letter to Steve Smith, Cal/OSHA. 2016.
- SSPC (The Society for Protective Coatings). Email to Susan Eckhardt, Cal/OSHA. 2016.
- Vork, Kathleen L., Carlisle, James C. Evaluation and updates to the Leggett model for pharmacokinetic modeling of exposure to lead in the workplace – Part I adjustments to the adult systemic model. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, 2020;17(6):283-300.
- February 23, 2011, January 17, 2012, June 12, 2014, April 21, 2015, May 28, 2015 and November 10, 2015, Cal/OSHA Advisory Committee minutes http://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/DoshReg/5198Meetings.htm and attendance sheets.
- American Textile Mfrs. Inst., Inc. v. Donovan, 452 U.S. 490 (1981) https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/452/490/
* Please contact OSHSB@dir.ca.gov to request a copy of the Advisory Committee handwritten attendance sheets.
Contact the OSHSB Public Records Officer to request any Documents Relied Upon.