Outdoor Agricultural Operations During Hours of Darkness
- GENERAL INDUSTRY SAFETY ORDERS,
Sections 3441 and 3449
|Public hearing:||April 18, 2019|
|45-day comment period:||March 1, 2019 - April 18, 2019|
|15-day Notice comment period:||October 3, 2019 - October 18, 2019|
|2nd 15-day Notice comment period:||December 3, 2019 - December 20, 2019|
|Filed with Secretary of State:|
- Notice / informative digest
- Proposed regulation
- Initial statement of reasons
- 15-day Notice of proposed modifications
- 2nd 15-day Notice of proposed modifications
Documents Incorporated by Reference
- American National Standard for High-Visibility Safety Apparel and Accessories, (ANSI/ISEA) 107-2015. (This document is copyrighted and therefore is not posted. The document may be viewed at the Standards Board office.)
Documents Relied Upon
- Division of Occupational Safety and Health, Form 9 Request for New or Change in Existing Safety Order, December 2, 2013.
- Letter submitted by Anne Katten, MPH, and Mark Schacht of the California Rural Legal Assistance Foundation, dated February 13, 2014.
- May 6, 2014 and March 27, 2015, Advisory Committee minutes, members rosters, and attendance sheets.
- American National Standard, Illuminating Engineering Society of North American, (ANSI/IES) RP-7-1991, “Practice for Industrial Lighting”. (This document is copyrighted and therefore is not posted. The document may be viewed at the Standards Board office.)
- National Cooperative Highway Research Program, NCHRP Report 498,“Illumination Guidelines for Nighttime Highway Work”. Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, 2003.
- Fairbank, W., Ede, L., Johnson, H., Luvisi, D., & Neja, R. (January-February 1987), “Night Picking” . California Agriculture, pages 13-16.
- Reese, P. (2015, May 19). “California Farms Added Workers In 2014, even amid drought” . Sacramento Bee.
- SP Ratios and Mesopic Vision, Issue 1- 05/2013, Lighting Industry Association, Technical Statement, LIA TS 24.
- California Agriculture Volume 72, Number 2, November 1, 2017, “Employment and earning of California Farmworkers in 2015” , pages 107-113.
- California Agricultural Statistics Review, 2015-2016, page 1.
Additional Documents Relied Upon
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE), ASAE EP344.4 Jan 2014, Lighting Systems for Agricultural Facilities, Section 8.2, page 17. (This document is copyrighted and therefore is not posted. The document may be viewed at the Standards Board office.)
- American National Standard, ANSI IESNA- RP7-01, Recommended Practice for Lighting Industrial Facilities, Section 2.0, page 2. (This document is copyrighted and therefore is not posted. The document may be viewed at the Standards Board office.)