What Can Happen to You
How to Keep Yourself Safe
You are responsible for following the training and safe work practices of your teachers and employers.
Do not be afraid to ask questions or for safety equipment. If you don't know or you're not sure ask before starting your work
1. Get Trained On
- The hazards in your work
- Safe work practices
2. Make Good Choices
- Always follow your training
- Communicate with your teacher or supervisor
- If you notice something wrong or see an unsafe situation, tell your teacher or supervisor
- If you suffer an injury, report it right away
- Lack of training and inadequate supervision can increase the risk of accidents, injuries, and fatalities
- Ask yourself, "Where would I be if I hurt myself and had to live with the disability for the rest of my life"?
For more information on how to keep yourself safe, read Best Practices, Training Topics for Teachers and Employers.