Airborne Contaminants - Benzyl Chloride
- GENERAL INDUSTRY SAFETY ORDERS,
|Public hearing:||Sep. 14, 2017|
|Comment period:||Jul. 28, 2017 - Sep. 14, 2017|
|Filed with Secretary of State:||Dec. 5, 2017|
|Effective date:||Apr. 1, 2018|
- Notice / informative digest
- Proposed regulation
- Initial statement of reasons
- Final statement of reasons
- Text for Board consideration
- Text approved by OAL
Documents Relied Upon
- California Employment Development Department OES Employment Data Tables, Third Quarter 2014. http://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) National Occupational Exposure Survey (NOES), Estimated Numbers of Employees Potentially Exposed to benzyl chloride, 1981-83.
- United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Economy at a Glance, June 2015.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) risk assessment document. (Last revised 10/28/2003). http://www.epa.gov/iris/subst/0393.htm.
- U.S. Department of Labor, Preambles to Final Rule on 29 CFR Part 1910, Air Contaminants. Published in the Federal Register Vol. 54 FR 2332, Jan. 19, 1989. https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owasrch.search_form?p_doc_type=PREAMBLES&p_toc_level=1&p_keyvalue=Air~Contaminants.
- Minutes of the HEAC meeting held on March 24, 2010, and sign-in sheets. http://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/DoshReg/5155Meetings_2009.htm.
- Minutes of the HEAC meeting held on June 23, 2010, and sign-in sheets and summary report on benzyl chloride dated May 25, 2010 by Susan Ripple. http://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/DoshReg/5155Meetings_2009.htm.
- Minutes of the Feasibility Advisory Committee (FAC) meeting held on October 6, 2010, and sign-in sheets. http://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/DoshReg/5155Meetings_2009.htm.
- ACGIH TLV Documentation, benzyl chloride (CAS Number: 100-44-7), 2001.
- Smyth HF Jr .Improved communication: hygienic standards for daily inhalation. American Industrial Hygienist Association Q 17(2):129-185.