Commission on Health and Safety and Workers' Compensation
The Worker Occupational Safety and Health Training and Education Program (WOSHTEP)
The Janitorial Safety Training Program is now available for small business owners and managers who need to train janitorial employees working alone or in small teams to clean buildings. The training materials include a training guide and focus on health and safety in the janitorial industry. The following topics are covered: Safety Orientation; Chemical Hazards; Electrical Hazards; Ergonomic Hazards; Injuries on the Job; Planning for Emergencies; Robberies and Assaults; and Slips and Falls.
The Janitorial Safety Training Program can help small business owners and managers:
- Prevent job injuries and illnesses;
- Lower workers' compensation costs;
- Reduce the number of days away form work and lost productivity; and
- Meet training requirements under California's occupational health and safety laws.
Materials were developed by the Labor Occupational Health Program at UC Berkeley for the Department of Industrial Relations and the Commission on Health and Safety and Workers’ Compensation.
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Janitorial Services Employers and Workers
- Registration for Janitorial Service Providers
If you would like assistance with these materials, please send your request to email@example.com