Workers' Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB)
The Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB) exercises all judicial powers vested by the Labor Code in a reasonable and sound manner and provides guidance and leadership to the workers' compensation community through case opinions and regulations.
The Workers' Compensation Appeals Board, a seven-member, judicial body appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate, exercises all judicial powers vested in it by the Labor Code. Its major functions include review of petitions for reconsideration of decisions by workers' compensation administrative law judges of the Division of Workers' Compensation and regulation of the adjudication process by adopting rules of practice and procedure.
Where to file
- DWC and WCAB Announce Updated Hearing and Filing Procedures
- All DWC Offices Open Except for Eureka, with Bakersfield Scheduled to Reopen on March 26
- WCAB Issues En Banc Order Regarding Rules, Office Closure During COVID-19 Emergency
- DWC and WCAB Announce Modified Hearing Calendar & Filing Update
- WCAB’s Final Rules in Effect as of January 1
- WCAB Issues Notice of September 24 Public Hearing on Proposed Amendments to WCAB Rules
- WCAB Posts Proposed Updated Rules of Practice and Procedure for Public Comment
- Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board Statement on Frank Brass