California Consumer Price Index
CCPI E-MAIL SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE
The California CPI is updated on even-numbered months (mid-February, mid-April, mid-June, etc.)
- Consumer Price Index Table - All Areas (2021-2022) Shows CPI data from 2021 to 2022 for each geographical area for "All Urban Consumers" and "Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers."
- Consumer Price Index Table Percentage Changes - All Areas (2021-2022) Shows percentage changes in CPI data from 2021 to 2022 for each geographical area for "All Urban Consumers" and "Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers."
- California Consumer Price Index chart (1955-2022) Shows CPI data from 1955 to 2022 for "All Urban Consumers" and "Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers" in California.
- Consumer Price Index calculator (1989 - 2022) Calculates percentage changes in CPI data, depending on selection of geographical area (index), "All Urban Consumers" or "Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers" (index type), and time period (1989 to 2022).
- Frequently asked questions
- Important Notice Regarding Changes to the Publication Schedule for the California Consumer Price Index
- Exemption for computer software employees (Labor Code Section 515.5)
- Exemption for licensed physicians and surgeons (Labor Code Section 515.6)
The Consumer Price Index historic data (1914-2022) is also available on request; the file will be provided via e-mail in ZIP format.
If you need assistance in computing CPI changes from one period to the next, please contact us via the following:
|Front Office:||(415) 703-4780|
|Mailing address:||Department of Industrial Relations
Office of the Director – Research Unit
PO Box 420603
San Francisco, CA 94142
Additional Consumer Price Index information is available from:
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: http://www.bls.gov/
U.S. Department of Labor: http://www.dol.gov/