- Report a labor law violation
- Report a workplace hazard to Cal/OSHA
- File a wage claim
- Know my employment rights
- Know my rights as an injured worker
- Get workplace postings
- See labor statistics
Also of Interest
GlossaryA B C D E F G H I J L M N O P Q R S T U V W
A cover or other system that prevents objects from getting caught in the moving parts of machinery.
major fraction thereof
Anything more than two hours is a major fraction in the IWC wage orders.
mandatory settlement conference (MSC)
A required conference to discuss settlement of disputed issues prior to a trial.
material handling equipment
Devices like scissor-lifts, pallet jacks, rolling tables, etc. designed to assist in the transport of material.
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
Material safety data sheets (MSDS) are provided by chemical manufacturers and indicate possible hazards resulting from use of the material. The MSDS must be in English and contain:
- Information on the identity of the chemical
- Its common name(s)
- Specific ingredients and their individual hazards
- How it could get into a your body
- Permissible exposure limits
- Precautions for safe handling and use
- Emergency and first-aid procedures
- The name, address and telephone number of the party responsible for preparing or distributing the material safety data sheet
- A description, in lay terms, of the specific potential health risks posed by the hazardous substance
- Other detailed information.
A voluntary conference held before an information & assistance officer to resolve disputes for injured workers not represented by an attorney.
Treatment reasonably required to cure or relieve from the effects of a work-related injury or illness.
Any person under the age of 18 years.
The single rate being paid to the greater number of workers within the locality and in the nearest labor market.
A change in your working conditions in order to accommodate permanent work restrictions determined by your primary treating physician when you have recovered as much as possible.
Material safety data sheets (MSDS) are provided by chemical manufacturers and indicate possible hazards resulting from use of the material.
The moist tissue that lines some organs and body cavities (such as nose, mouth, lungs) and secretes a thick fluid called mucous.
musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs)
A general term denoting muscle, tendon, ligament, nerve and blood vessel damage caused by work performed in awkward postures or with excessive effort that can result in fatigue, discomfort and other specific disorders like tendonitis or carpal tunnel syndrome.
The musculoskeletal system includes all the muscles, bones, joints and cartilage of the body.