- Get Actuarial Summary Form
- Get information about self insurance and the requirements to self insure
- Apply to become self insured
- Get information on posting a security deposit for self insurance
- Complete my Self Insurer's Annual Report
- Apply to take the Self Insurance Administrator's examination
- Determine if an employer is self insured
- Access self insurance regulations
- Receive notices about OSIP rulemaking
- Determine if a person is a self insured administrator
OSIP Audit Unit
The OSIP Audit Unit is responsible for conducting mandated triennial claims audits of all active self insurers’ in California, performing special and revocation audits, and completing special procedures as directed.
The Audit Unit is geographically structured into North and South audit teams. Each team is lead by an audit supervisor and consists of four (4) auditors.
This page is designed to provide an overview of the audit process, answer many of the questions that self-insureds and their third party administrators (TPA) may have about audits and what to expect, and to provide additional resources to assist in obtaining further answers to specific questions, and contact information to express concerns or compliments of the audit staff and audit process.
Top Ten provides quick reference to common audit issues and helps in preparing for a fast and clean audit.
Provides and overview of the audit process and offers a ‘what to expect’ during the audit.
A guide to assist in preparing for an OSIP audit.
What are the items the audit will typically be looking for and ask you to provide.
Answers to the most commonly asked questions about OSIP Audits.
Regulations and rules pertaining to audits.
A description of the audit methodology and how the random selection process works.
Audit results and findings from past audits.
Getting specific answers to questions, offering compliments or making complaints.