- Become an apprentice
- Find an apprenticeship program
- Find a registered apprentice
- Train employees through apprenticeship
- Program sponsors
- Use apprentices on public works projects
- I built it!
- Apprenticeship Council meetings
- DIR Laws and Regulations
Division of Apprenticeship Standards
The Division of Apprenticeship Standards (DAS) creates opportunities for Californians to gain employable lifetime skills and provides employers with a highly skilled and experienced workforce while strengthening California's economy.
Become an Apprentice
Learn About Apprenticeship Programs
California Apprenticeship Council
The California Apprenticeship Council council holds open quarterly meetings to support apprenticeships in California. The council provides policy advice on apprenticeship matters to the Director of Industrial Relations, issues rules and regulations, and conducts appeals hearings.
Public works refers to construction projects that are paid for with public funds, or in some cases using both public and private funds.
One of the legal requirements for public works project is the employment of apprentices. The Division of Apprenticeship Standards provides assistance to contractors in employing apprentices on public works sites.Learn More
- New web application to report CAC Training Fund Contributions
- Rulemaking: Audit Procedures of & Approval for Apprenticeship Programs
- California Apprenticeship Council newsletter 4th quarter 2013
- California Apprenticeship Council newsletter 3rd quarter 2013
- California Apprenticeship Council newsletter 2nd quarter 2013
- Apprenticeship as a Critical Component of an “Earn and Learn” Job Training Strategy in California White paper on apprenticeship Produced on behalf of the California Workforce Investment Board by the Interagency Working Group on Earn and Learn Job Training Strategies and Apprenticeship in California December 2012
- California Apprenticeship Council newsletter 1st quarter 2013
- DIR Launches New Landscape Apprenticeship Program with Alameda Point Collaborative, San Leandro Adult School - IR-2012-46
- Effective July 1, 2012, enforcement of Apprenticeship requirements on Public Works projects is the responsibility of the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
- Effective July 1, 2012, The Electrician Certification Unit has moved to the of the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.