Division of Apprenticeship Standards
The Division of Apprenticeship Standards (DAS) creates opportunities for Californians to gain employable lifetime skills and provides employers with a highly skilled and experienced workforce while strengthening California's economy.
Become an Apprentice
Learn About Apprenticeship Programs
California Apprenticeship Council
The California Apprenticeship Council holds open quarterly meetings to support apprenticeships in California. The council provides policy advice on apprenticeship matters to the Director of Industrial Relations, issues rules and regulations, and conducts appeals hearings.
Public Works refers to construction projects that are paid for with public funds, or in some cases using both public and private funds.
One of the legal requirements for a Public Works project is the employment of apprentices. The Division of Apprenticeship Standards provides assistance to contractors in employing apprentices on Public Works sites.Learn More
- Refinery Safety Training Requirements (SB 54) Meeting Notice
- California Apprenticeship Council newsletter 1st quarter 2017
- California Apprenticeship Initiative Pre-Apprenticeship Grant Program webpage
- DIR Recognizes New Apprenticeship Program at the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority during National Apprenticeship Week
- More News and Announcements