- Index of Cal/OSHA services
- File a workplace safety complaint
- Learn about worker rights
- Obtain a free consultation
- Report an accident or injury
How to File a Complaint with Cal/OSHA
Right to file a complaint
The California Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1973 gives workers the right to file a complaint about workplace safety and health hazards.
Names of complainants must be kept confidential
The name of any person who submits a complaint to Cal/OSHA must be kept confidential by law if the person so requests.
If you would like to report hazards at your workplace to Cal/OSHA, call the Cal/OSHA Enforcement Unit district office nearest the place where the hazards exist.